Below is a list of documents The 508 Company will create for your ministry. Please note: The 508 Company will prioritize the documents that have immediate need for your ministry and some documents will not apply to your ministry
Organizational Documents Created:
- Important documents related to the organizational structure including Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws, including any amendments made thereto.
- Important policy documents including but not limited to Conflict of Interest, Privacy, etc.
- Important contract/agreement documents including but not limited to, Employment Agreements, Independent Contractor Agreements, etc.
- Important documents reflecting the principles, creeds, precepts, doctrines, practices, and disciplines espoused by the organization.
- Important documents reflecting any prerequisites or actions necessary for membership in an ordination by the organization.
- Important document binder which includes the following:
• Your organization’s statement of faith;
• The regular order of what takes place during worship services (for example, invocation, sermon, hymns, closing prayer);
• Evidence that services are open to the public and how they are advertised to the public;
• A description of the facility where the worship services are regularly conducted.
- Minutes template for meetings held by officers, directors, trustees, or ministers of the organization.
- Records template for names and addresses of persons who are or have been officers, directors, trustees, or ministers within the organization.
- Records template for names of any employees, associates or ministers of the organization, particularly any records reflecting the names of the individuals who have been presented credentials of ministry, certificates of ordination, diplomas, or similar statements of recognition by the organization.
- Records template for names of any other organizations that have been chartered as churches or integrated auxiliaries by the organization or that have been affiliated with the organization at any time over the last two years.
- Important documents reflecting any sacerdotal functions performed by any person representing the organization. (Sacerdotal functions are those of or pertaining to priests or mediatory clergy members)
Financial Documents Review:*
- All records pertaining to cash receipts and disbursements, including but not limited to bank accounts, deposit slips, cancelled checks, records of contributions to the organization, records of contributions by the organization, sales of merchandise, payroll records, and records related to payment of employment or social security taxes over the last two years.
- All balance sheets and other statements of financial condition covering the last two years, including but not limited to those showing the assets and liabilities of the organization.
- All documents reflecting any assignment of income to the organization over the last two years.
- All documents reflecting any vows of poverty that have been submitted to the organization over the last two years. (Generally, members of religious orders who have taken a vow of poverty are already exempt from paying self-employment tax)
*Financial Documents Review is provided by a third-party accounting firm and subject to additional cost.